Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fat people are full of it...

Ok... so I'll probably offend a few out there, but this is something on my mind, so if you don't like it... don't read it. My tolerance for people that can't face reality is low today.

A couple of days ago Jesse and I were watching a show (THS Diet Fads) and it had all kinds of diets, and a lot of people talking about them and it got me to thinking. How dumb are people?

Do you really NOT get it? There is no secret. Healthy eating and getting off your butt. Now I am preaching to the choir here. I am in no way qualified to dole out great advice on losing weight, but I am not about to pretend that I didn't know that the potstickers I had for breakfast were in any way beneficial to my waist, butt or thigh area. But you have a choice... it's hard and it's work, but anything you (and I) say is an excuse and you are just being LAZY. You have a choice what you put in your tank...
vs.
vs.
vs.


I thought this was a kind of funny ad from 1920s.
Disclaimer: Not I know a few of you out there may even look at my examples of "healthy" food and can give better, healthier and more nutritious choices, but I wanted to keep it simple and just make a point.

2 comments:

Rachel Melone said...

Yeah for Cortney! I love blogs that are fired up and offend people.haha. I totally agree with you. I've always said, "I'm not fat because I eat super bad, I'm fat because I eat a ton of good food-therefore I am healthy and fat. If I eat less good food I'd be healthy and skinny..." Yes, diets are a fad and a gimmick that will never work- ok so i shouldn't get started I guess. I could go on forever on this subject due to Marshall and Nina's knowledge of whole food.

Susie said...

If only I could stop with dessert after 7PM... It's not likely, but my ankles are okay. Tlak to me in five years, okay?