Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our new toy room

A place for everything and everything in it's place.

I didn't know how good it would feel to have a "place" devoted to the kids' toys. Previous to this, we had toys in the bedroom, toys in the office, toys in the living room, and various toys scattered all over the house. We gave up our spare room (sorry to any visitors, you will be sleeping on a mattress in the middle of the toy room!) which was not getting used, but once or twice a year, and moved the office in. And voila! we have a new space. This is the bigger room (upstairs) so the kids have plenty of room to make a mess (and pick it up) and future plans for a set of little table and chairs. All I bought were the two white shelves ($40 Shopko clearance), the posters and frames ($20), paint ($20) and this very cute clock ($8.50 marked down from $40!).

Here's my sad attempt at piecing together 4 shots into a panoramic.
Our walls really aren't that crooked.

Here's the cute airplane clock, that really doesn't "go" with anything,
but I liked it (and the price, too!) The propeller rotates as the "second" hand. Cute!


PS. I also want to point out how much I really like the "Good Guys" poster I found at Walmart. And without getting on my soapbox about societies attempt to de-masculinate (yes, that is my own word) my sons, I will quietly promote their need for guns, swords, honor, chivalry and to feel proud of being a boy (without the need to demean girls). My future daughter-in-laws will thank me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What room is that??? Downstairs?

Mandi! said...

I love having all the toys in one room! It does make a huge difference! And Shopko! Oh I miss that place!

Susie said...

This looks awesome! I bet it's awesome to have just a toy room! I love the crooked walls- so much character . ha.

Ann said...

Great Job! I love you, you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

I like the new room. Don't misunderestimate your decorating abilities...the room is not emasculating or softening at all! ;-) Did I mention that I love your humor?

Anonymous said...

I just noticed your Disney font. I love it.

Anonymous said...

did they have another airplane clock? if so will you buy it and i will pay you back-i want to do the boys bathroom in airplanes! :) connie