Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A year of "firsts" and banana cookies :)


So it has been just over a year since my mom passed away from her fight with melanoma. We got through all of the "firsts" with out her (first christmas, birthdays, etc.) and are continuing to heal. For the most part I have healed and loved and moved on and squeezed my boys for her. But occasionally I still miss her, have a little cry in rememberance (esp. after losing the baby and my Aunt Bev to melanoma a couple weeks ago), those times when I "just want my mommy"! :) God is so faithful and loving through it all and I am constantly comforted by His love and strength. We are so hopeful for the coming year and pray for God's guidance through it all! So excited for our move to DC and all that it entails. New beginnings, new hope, new joy...

Anyway, I had some ripe bananas getting pleasantly brown on the counter and I remembered the most delicious recipe for cookies that I would make for my mom when she was on the Gerson diet fighting the cancer.

(Gerson) Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

In a mixing bowl smash 2 ripe bananas
then add:
1/2 cup Organic Raisins
1 cup Organic Apple juice
1 cup Organic Apple sauce
2 Tbsp honey
2 1/2 cup Raw oats (blended in processer into a powder/flour)

Mix and drop by spoonfuls into glass baking sheet. Bake at 350* for 15 minutes or until bottom is slightly brown.

(This is a "soft" cookie and will have a nice chewyness)


Thank you to Mike Brockery at sMelanoma, caner stinks! for making this and all of these Gerson approved recipes available! Keep up the fight!!!

No comments: