Wednesday, November 19, 2008

And the walls came tumblin' down...


So if you have a boy (or girl with a penchant for building like myself), this will be useful information for you. I do believe at some time in your life you will feel the need to nurture their desire for building various things out of legos. Just understand that they come in boxes and you are supposed to use the provided instructions to create a specific thing. Well, one day the thing will be destroyed by a younger "naughty baby" (as said by Colton) and you will find yourself in my situation. Luckily Colton has a mom that gets enjoyment out of putting things together. (Yes, I get a sick thrill on Christmas morning when there is some assembly required. Especially if I get to use tools!) Anyway, some day the aforementioned instructions will get lost or thrown away. Thankfully the lego people have realized that I am out here and have provided all instructions for any lego set made since 2002. Walls can be rebuilt. Tears can be wiped away. Life can go on and Indiana Jones can go after the Ark of Covenant as many times as my sons' little heart desires.
Thank you lego people.

2 comments:

Mandi! said...

I am one person that God did not bless with the ability to enjoy "some assembly required" or following directions... your kids are blessed to have a talented mom as you!

Ann said...

I think Gracie might have your gift....we sat and put together Elijah's Indiana Jones tomb that he got as an early Christmas present from Grandma. Elijah just wanted to play with the little guy while Gracie did all the work.