Friday, May 19, 2006

Flashback Friday-Colton in the sink

This photo has become one of our familys' favorite. It was taken about a year ago when Jesse and I were remodeling the house. The bathroom was completely torn apart and Colton was afraid of taking a shower, so we improvised. He thought this was the funniest thing.
I love how he is bold, silly, and just lets you know exactly how he is feeling. Colton reminds me to enjoy what is going on at the moment. He trusts and has security in the fact that he will be taken care of. He wasn't worried if he was going to get a bath that night, but he was pleasantly surprised when he got to do this. I forget that God is going to take care of me and usually surprises me in the way that he does. I'm glad that I can have security in Him and know that I am loved. "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans for hope and for a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your sink must be huge! where's the rest of him?

Cortney said...

It was kind of deep, but he's sitting on his knees!

Angela said...

I really needed to hear that scripture today, Cortney. I just didn't know it until I read it in your blog. Thank you.