Friday, May 05, 2006

My new Project!!!

So one of my goals while Colton is in Colorado with his Dad, is to redecorate his room. Before we moved in his room was Jesse's office/spare bedroom, so there is a gi-normous bookshelf (filled with books and videos-sidenote:Just to let you know how much of a geek my wonderful husband is, when he was in college he taped EVERY episode of the Simpsons. Which isn't that big of a deal except that if he got even one smidge of commercial in it, he would stop taping and wait until the next episode. And he labeled each tape-not with the episode mind you, but with a number and has it cataloged with a description of the episode-which calculates into many VHS tapes that I cannot throwaway eventhough we have all the episodes available on DVD. I love him). Anyway, the bookshelf is filled and heavy, and there is also one of those 5 foot tall metal file cabinets filled with junk. He still only has a toddler bed, so I wanted to upgrade to a twin. So I know you're thinking, "My what a project Cortney has". But I haven't even told you the finale. I just spent the last couple hours at the two fabric stores in town picking out fabric for Colton's quilt for his bed. I hadn't planned on doing this, the fabric was just calling my name. I didn't even know what "theme" I was going to go with. So after touching pretty much every fabric in BOTH stores and an unmentionable amount of money (yes, Colton will be taking this quilt with him to college), I came up with this:

I know, very "Montana-ey" but I really wanted something that would be more than just a phase(spiderman or batman). Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted on my progress! Oh, and did I mention that I barely know how to sew!?

3 comments:

The Melones said...

That is going to be so cute! And,when all is said and done I will totally be the first in line for you to teach me how to quilt! That and knitting are the two things on my list of things to learn...I can't wait to see your end result!Good Luck, you are awesome.

Angela said...

Who needs to know how to sew to make a quilt? You just TELL the pieces where they need to go and they will obey you!

(I think it's awesome that you're doing this. Sewing intimidates me!)

Amber Joy said...

I love the fabrics, very rich and warm. I'm all about rich and warm fabrics lately. I'm all about rich and warm colors, too. hmmm. too bad I'm neither rich nor warm