Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bye, Bye Red!


Well, ladies, I have to say that I am glad that we painted the walls! As much as I loved the red, I think that this really opens up the room. We worked until really late and into the next day. After many trips to the various home improvement stores in town, we finally got what we wanted. Along with installing a ceiling fan, that took longer than we expected so we were trying to read the directions by flashlight (Colton's little blue plastic one, since we didn't recharge Jesse's really nice one!) But here are the pictures...tell me what you think. We actually used two shades of brown on the bottom-lighter base and then a darker one on top that I would make X's and then wipe away a little to reveal the other color through, it made a nice leathery/suede look. I don't know if you will be able to tell from the pics.



Bye, Bye red! ;(

Us loopy on paint fumes!


The end result:

1 comment:

The Melones said...

I love it! I have been itching to repaint our living room big time, so when we decide to do it I'm calling you for advice! I like the red too, but with your new browns you can switch things in and out without having to worry about being locked into certain furniture/decor due to the red walls. That would be a big advantage to me, only because my mind changes like the seasons! Very cute-How was your trip?