Friday, June 30, 2006

One of those days

Ever wake up "on the wrong side of the bed", and the rest of the day is shot? Today I am having one of those days! Jesse was really chipper this morning, went for an early morning run and wanted to surprise me by putting the dishes into the dishwasher. Well I have had some allergy issues and took a benadryl last night and I think I am sensitive to whatever is in them that makes you sleepy so they make me crash hard! Well, needless to say, his chipper mood just amplified my crappy mood! I woke up to dishes clanking and as much as I appreciated the gesture, I grumbled at him for waking me up when I could've slept for another hour. I also was having a dream that was very frustrating and sad (I don't really remember the details, just the feelings). So with all of these things, I ended up apologizing for my attitude and explained my morning and other things (anxieties) that are going on right now and he understood. He left for work in a less than chipper mood, but still on a good note. Hopefully I can redeem myself by lunchtime and we can salvage the rest of the day! I feel a little better already, little things are just annoying me-motorcycles with really loud engines, the dog barking at nothing, general things just not working, etc. Grrrrr....It can only get better from here!!! If you have managed to read this far, thank you for listening to my ranting!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Cortney...I do hope things get better for you. I sympathize with you on this...but somehow I woke up on the chipper side of bed but then it turned into the wrong side when I realized that my vacation was over and I had to go to work. Grumble grumble grumble...that's how I've been since I arrived here only 40 minutes ago!!!!!! Grr...roar..spit..spit....send me back on vacation!!!!

Anonymous said...

hope your day gets better. if it's not better by lunch, to back to bed, and get up on the other side!

Susie said...

I am the grumpy one and Andy is the cheerful let's-be-happy-one in the morning. sickening. I feel your pain, kid.