Monday, June 15, 2009

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

"BOOM BOOM" has become one of our "nightly" stories. As in, every naptime, daytime and bedtime stories as requested by Christopher. We thought we would show the kids what's up with coconuts.

Christopher just wanted to read the story again.


Getting the "milk" out of the coconut


We weren't very impressed with the "milk", but who knows how long it's been in the grocery store.


Cracking open the coconut


Christopher wanted nothing to do with eating the inside.



...and the sun goes down on the coconut tree.

1 comment:

Rhianna said...

hehe! I remember being about 8 when I finally asked mom if we could get a 'real' coconut and eat it from inside the shell. Of course I'd only ever really had the shredded sweetened kind. I don't blame Christopher for finding the inside undesirable at his age. ;P

Some kids are selling lemonade down on the corner today and I thought... ooh maybe packing the ice chest with ice and cheap popsicles to sell at the corner by the park would be a good project at some point this summer.

Oh! I never did remember to ask you which teacher Colten has for next year. I know Miss Huber did a really cool Chicka Chicka Boom Boom thing on the board outside her class first year.