Monday, March 29, 2010

Moving Day

So let's just say that I don't have a stellar track record with the day that we pack up and go. I become what some (Jesse) would call a "Packzilla" and get impatient and moody with anyone in a 20 foot radius. Really, you think I may be exaggerating it but truly I have a weird obsession with packing a car(and the loading dishwasher too, but that is a whole other counseling session). I actually take great pride in my packing abilities and deem it as some sort of tetris-like puzzle to solve.and to receive help would lose the challenge. I am fully aware of my oddities. Unfortunately it doesn't stop there. Once we are loaded in the car, I have to get as far as we can, as fast and efficiently as we can. The problem with this, is that when you have a (some would say) big family, NOTHING gets done fast or efficiently. And so you can see where I come to a dilemma. I can't get away with a stinky attitude. At least if I want to survive the ride in the car without Jesse and the boys re-arranging suitcases and putting me in the storage thing on the top of the car. And so, with full disclosure of my short comings I will strive:

-to be nice
-to smile
-to allow input and receive help
-acknowledge and ask for forgiveness if I fail
-release the expectations
-pray internally and vocally (if needed)


Pray for me and Jesse and the kids too!
(Smile). :)

1 comment:

Rachel Melone said...

oh my gosh, you and my husband are one in the same. You can go to counseling together. :) Can't wait to see you again friend!!!